The Salomon Magaliesberg Challenge. Spend the whole day at Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, relaxing after your run on the Veranda and huge lawns.
The restaurant and farm stall will keep your eating and drinks needs happily quenched.
All trail runners should be self sufficient with carrying your own water and food. The longer routes also require you to carry compulsory kit.
Entry Fees:(Please note 2020 prices TBC)
Prices: (prices change at 11am on dates below)
(15 Jan – 30 April)
50km – R545
36km – R445
25km – R345
12km – R245
(01 May – 30 June)
50km – R595
36km – R495
25km – R395
12km – R295
(01 July – Race Day)
50km – R645
36km – R545
25km – R445
12km – R345
This event uses Timing Chips with LiveTime. The chip is compulsory.
Race Pre-Registration ( please note 2020 details TBC)
On the day Race registration for 36km and 50km starts at 5:45am. This is where you collect your race numbers.
Registration for 12km and 25km starts at 7:15am.
NOTE – If you are running for podium positions and prize money you must be in A batch!
05:30am– 50km & 36km Registration opens
6:15am – 50km runners board buses, donkey carts and segways to transfer to the start.
6:15am – 36km runners board buses to the start.
7:00am – 50km race starts.
7:15am – Registration for 12km and 25km opens
7:30am – 36km race starts
8:30am – 25km race start
9.30am – 12km race start
10am – Free kiddies run
1pm – Prize giving
Compulsory Kit (not negotiable):
1. You must carry all your own nutrition and hydration for the entirety of the run.
2. 50km & 36km runners must carry a minimum of 2.5 liters, (25km runners MUST carry 1.5 liters), and some solid food such as energy bars, biltong, dried fruit, roast chicken.
3. 50km & 36km route traverses remote areas, you must carry a wind breaker, a space blanket, a whistle and charged cell phone. Add the emergency number 072 924 2371.
4. All distances must have an Energy Events Timing Chip.
5. Re-usable cup
Cut Off’s Apply:
36km route: Runners will be redirected to a shorter course from 12pm directly to Greek Church.
36km and 50km route: Runners will be redirected to a shorter course from 1pm at Greek Church.
You should be fit & healthy to complete these events, it is not a walk.
- 12km 1 water table
- 25km 2 water tables
- 36km 1 emergency water point at approx 18km and feed station at the Greek Church.
- 50km 3 emergency water points at approx 18km, 27km & 42km and feed station at the Greek Church .
- Race numbers to be worn on the front of your running shirt, club numbers are not required.
- There is a kiddies jungle gym and big grassy area in front of the restaurant at Van Gaalens race venue. Bring your family along and enjoy a relaxed morning out, whilst waiting for sweaty Mom and Dad. Hot showers and restaurant on site.
- DO NOT leave valuables in your car, lock anything like wallets, cellphones, IPads in the boot. We have Security patrolling.
More information: www.magaliesbergchallenge.co.za
Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, Hartebeespoort
|Address||Van Gaalen Restaurant, Skeerpoort, North West, 0232, South Africa|