Entries by invitation only. Apply with your recent running CV to email@example.com
You will run, stumble and crawl through all the iconic Cederberg highlights and visit remote valleys and kloofs that few have ever seen.
You need to be able to look after yourself – Bear Grylls gnawing on scorpions!
Training Tips and Hints
1) Train like you mean it. The racing will be fun, if the training is hard.
2) Train with a pack. Cederberg Traverse is not about speed work, but diesel engine power.
3) Train in your race gear with full kit, to get used to it and iron out any issues.
4) Run in the dark, on technical tracks (not the road) using head lamp.
Camping at Sanddrif
Registration / briefing dinner
Sunday brunch feast
Nature conservation fees
Race snacks and water at CPs
Prices: (prices change at 11am on proposed date)
(01 December - 30 April)
100km - R2800
100 miles - R3900
(01 May – 30 June)
100km - R3000
100 miles - R4000
(01 July – Race Day)
100km - R3500
100 miles - R4100
100 mile runners must arrive Friday morning for their briefing at lunchtime and they will start at 5pm from Sanddrift.
100km runners are highly advised to arrive at Sanddrift after lunchtime on Friday 4th. Registration at Sanddrift will be at 5pm, the briefing and a light meal will follow at 6pm and 7pm respectively.
There are no refunds. If you cannot take part you must find a substitute for your entry. Roll-overs are valid for 1 year ONLY and substitutions do not apply.
– En route cut-offs and 7pm at Algeria.
– Fully self-sufficient
– Mapped route, not race marked
– Pairs are encouraged for safety.
Camping: Camping is included in your entry fee. If your family and friends wish to join you for the weekend we are selling campsites at R200 per night. 4 pax per campsite.
1 bedroom cottage - R1200 per night.
2 bedroom cottage - R950 per room per night.
3 bedroom cottage - R850 per room per night.
1. Follow the designated route only. This route is ONLY for experienced trail runners. Sorry, no juniors U21.
2. Obey all instructions from marshals. Failing to listen to instructions, may award you a disqualification.
3. You are required to be self-sufficient with water and nutrition – do not rely on water tables, there are none, this is mountain running. There is fresh water in the streams which is pleasant and safe to drink.
4. Equipment – you will need the appropriate gear for the weather on the day. This may be a windbreaker, or a full – blown raincoat and thermal under garments. Headlamp. Be prepared!
5. It is compulsory to take a space blanket, basic first aid kit, and a cell phone (although reception is sketchy).
6. Keep in mind that you are responsible for your own well – being on the trail. Be mindful of your condition and only do what your body allows. If you have a heart condition or other medical issue on race day, YOU MAY NOT START THE EVENT.
7. Absolutely no litter will be tolerated. You can help by picking up any dropped items.
8. Respect Animals – Do not disturb or harass wildlife. Animals scared by your sudden approach may be dangerous.
9. Be friendly to other trail runners, if you see any.
10. Please do not pick wild flowers, chip rocks or gather any other artefacts or trophies. Take photos, leave footprints.
11. Participants indicate acceptance of the rules of The Cederberg Traverse 2019 – (100km & 100 miles Trail Run) by their signature / click on the entry form, with this signature / click on the entry form, participants agree to only start this event if they are fit and healthy.
12. Note – Cut off times to be advised.
13. There are no refunds. Roll-overs are valid for 1 year ONLY and substitutions do not apply.
14. You must have a GPS device and the knowledge on how to use it, it is recommended that you train with this device, get to know it.
15. Route maps are compulsory and you are required to carry it with you for the duration of the race.
Trail pack with sufficient capacity for all race kit.
Hydration – 2 litres capacity. This is a make or break item.
Food = nutrition for 12 hours
Base Layer (preferably thermal)
Headlamp with extra batteries.
Personal GPS (Please know your device well)
Algeria Re-Supply: You may hand us a re-supply bag at registration for Algeria stop with fresh socks, special food items, notes of encouragements.Suggested Kit:
Spare pair of shoes for Algeria transition
Fresh running gear for Algeria
Emergency food supply
|Address||Sanddrif, Cederberg, Western Cape|